Wednesday, September 5, 2012

About Me and KVK Designs

My creative flair was confirmed when I was accepted to dance for the Boston Ballet Company at 11 years of age. KVK Designs started with an idea and a pyrite wire wrapped necklace. "I have always been enamored by the art and craft of jewelry design, a skill that I learned through books and experimentation. My labor of love began in 1991 when I acquired a piece of Pyrite from New Mexico. Once in hand, I promptly turned it into my first unique necklace creation. It wasn't long before many of my friends and families were buying my creations; they loved wearing my original designs."

While working as the manager of a small gift boutique in 1995, I was wearing one of my original pieces. When my the owner of the shop approached me about where I got my unusual necklace, I told her that I had designed it. She liked it so much, that she wanted me to design more necklaces for her store, that is when I had my first official order, and started designing necklaces for her store. Later, I branched out on my own selling her necklaces to gift and clothing boutiques.

I launched KVK Designs (kvkdesigns.com) in the spring of 2000 to bring together my love of art and jewelry design to create jewelry pieces that are unique and beautifully made”.

KVK Designs handcrafted Natural Stone Jewelry is stylish and affordable with awe-inspiring designs that capture your own unique personality. Our product line includes Semi Precious Gemstone Jewelry, Non Magnetic and Magnetic Hematite Jewelry and Hematite Rings, Men's Magnetic Hematite Jewelry, Men's Stainless Steel and Leather Jewelry, Wooden Jewelry, Wooden Prayer Bead Bracelets and Wrist Malas, Artisan Handcrafted Jewelry, Gemstone & Sterling Silver Jewelry, Copper Jewelry, Shamballa Bracelets, Peace Sign Jewelry and Accessories. "Sumptuous colors in beautiful designs.

I’m proud to share my designs along with some other very talented artists.

ENJOY!
www.kvkdesigns.com

~ The Necklace that started it all ~

No comments:

Post a Comment